Wednesday 30 November 2016

The Great Knitaway 2017

Okay, here we go, I have finally decided on my big challenge for 2017.




There are lots and lots of things I want to make, things for my children, family and friends. There are also so many patterns I want to try out.

After being so very, very lucky to be gifted wooly items through the generosity in the Instagram knitting community and knitters pay it forward movement, I want to gift to those who need it most.

So in supporting my favourite charity Knit One, Give One, I am going to knit 10 items on my want to knit list, and gift these to KOGO by June 30 2017.

Some Rules;

* I can't knit and gift an item made from same pattern twice! 10 different items, 10 different patterns.
* I can't knit a pattern I've made previously, it all has to be patterns I'm making for the first time.
* I still have to make the other items on my list, knits for birthdays, weddings etc.
* All 10 Items have to be finished and delivered to Knit One Give One by June 30 2017.

My plan is to make beautiful, one of a kind items that will help lift the spirits of someone I have never, and will never meet.

If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that we once received the gift of a beautiful handmade quilt from an unknown quilter at the quilters guild. It was for our little girl when she was just a newborn, recovering from her first open-heart surgery in hospital. This really had an amazing effect on our mood and outlook. We will cherish the quilt forever, so I know firsthand what a difference something handmade with love can make.

Do you have any suggestions? Any patterns that have caught your eye? Please let me know!


Want to play too? I'd love for you to join me! Follow the rules above, gifting your items to any charity you desire. Play and follow along on Instagram using #knitaway2017

No comments:

Post a Comment